FRIENDS ONLY PRIVATE FORUM

At this forum we support the Gipsy (travel people) community worldwide.

Proverbs 27:12

A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

Text to speech (TTS) : tested - results

in Needing to be known (did you know that...?) - Choses à savoir (le saviez-vous ?) Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 pm
by Lizzy67 • 1.587 Posts

On request, I explored the basics for all that is TTS related. And God, I learned something brand new !

Text to speech is what allows you to mainly listen to a vocal "text" (audio), either for some Website pages, like the audio version of a Captcha, or Ebooks, vocal illustration of a video, etc.

Some voices might sound "robotic", others are more "human".

I tested two programs, allowing to use IVONA Voice 2 voices (a whole pack of 24 languages) :

- Espeak

and

- Balabolka

Espeack doesn't render high quality of the IVONA voices pack, and by the way it's almost impossible to paste a text from TXT documents, etc. in Cyrillic Russian. Espeak hasn't got a wide range of options either.

Balabolka, which is totally FREE, permits direct Cyrillic Russian copy-paste into its text board feature, and all IVONA voices from the 24 languages pack sound really much better too.

I compared the exact same vocal text I converted as mp3 or WAV, in Danish : once played from Espeak output (crappy), and then converted directly from Balabolka.

By the way, I use translate google for most foreign languages and may then copy-paste into Balabolka for the voices I've chosen to install.

Great tutorial video here from Brian (a former IVONA English British voice), and if you want to test and have fun :

Last edited Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 pm | Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

RE: Text to speech (TTS) : tested - results

in Needing to be known (did you know that...?) - Choses à savoir (le saviez-vous ?) Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am
by Lizzy67 • 1.587 Posts

On this player, the French voice is Céline. The very first sentence was taken from Espeak. The same sentence, reproduced a second time is taken from Balabolka and much clearer, more audible.

Record audio or upload mp3 >>

Scroll up

RE: Text to speech (TTS) : tested - results

in Needing to be known (did you know that...?) - Choses à savoir (le saviez-vous ?) Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:51 am
by Lizzy67 • 1.587 Posts

Very important :

Ivona voices are usually for trial. In order to have them work again without licence, uninstall them with Total Uninstall. After uninstall process is finished, reinstall the voices you want.

Ivona_sapi5_voice_v1.6.60 crack needs to be copied in BOTH folders x64 and x86 (let the file replace the previous ones). NOT in the voices (Ivona > Ivona 2 Voice > Voices) folder.

Always keep the Ivona Voices + crack folder safely on an external disk, in case of need for future reinstallation.

Ivona Voices work superbly with Balabolka (free).

Last edited Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:44 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Maddy
Board Statistics
The forum has 1359 topics and 2022 posts.

| FAQ